Christian it has become clear to me. I Love you.
CHRISTIAN: And now?
Me: Your true self has prevailed over your outer appearance. I now love you for your soul alone.
CHRISTIAN: Oh, Roxane!
me: . . . But you can be happy now: your thoughts outshine your face. Your handsomeness was what first attracted me, but now that my eyes are open I no longer see it!
Your soul Christian, that is what I love. your sweet words and letter speak the truth outshine your body and human spirt. it is beyond that.
I had gone to the battle field, I could wait no longer to see my Christian. though to my dismay i discover the Spaniards are coming to attack an kill the cadets under Cyrano. It is over. as i looked into those eyes of my love, I struggled to read the soul that sang the sweet and delicate words which I had loved fully now. I saw past the beauty and loved his soul.
Then, my dear readers, the worst came. as Cyrano was to tell me whatever he was "feeling"
I heard it.
Heard the piercing sound that rang straight to me heart and penetrated my soul.
The gunshot. Soon Le bret had told Cyrano it was my love. Dying. My Christian was brought in I collapsed on him. Cyrano knelt down and whispered something about me choosing him but i was, am distraught over my loss. widowed before exploring love and marriage fully. Crushed.
Nestled near christians heart was a farewell letter for me. I fainted filled with sadness and grief.
RIP my lovely Christian.
I will remember you and treasure your letters and poems eternally.
xo,
Roxanne
No comments:
Post a Comment